Making your home energy efficient is smart on so many different levels. For one, you will save money on your energy bills, which means you have more money left to save or spend on other things. Second, it will help the environment too, so you can feel good that you are doing your bit to leave the earth a better place for future generations. All of this can be accomplished through a few simple steps that are easy to implement and easy to incorporate into your day-to-day life. With the help of commercial electricians of Melbourne, you can start implementing these steps right now, so there’s no need to wait to get your home ready for the 2017 in a truly energy efficient manner!
Advantages of Getting Professional Electrical Help
Remember, you can always get the help of commercial electrical contractors to help support and boost your efforts and make it even more effortless. Make sure you get the help of a professional commercial electrician so that you get the benefit of his/her experience and expertise, which will help in making your home even more energy efficient!
Efficient Steps for Energy Efficiency
Here’s what you need to do for an energy efficient home:
- The most effective and most important way you can ensure energy efficiency is by taking care of the insulation in your home, and this is where commercial electrical contractors can help. A home that is optimally insulated will help to save heat from getting lost from the inside during winter months, thus saving on your heater bills, as well as help in preventing too much heat from getting into the house during the summer months, thus saving you money in your air conditioning bills. In short, well maintained insulation helps to keep your home warmer in winter and cooler in summer, thus reducing your dependency on electrical equipments to keep your warm or cool. A commercial electrician in Melbourne will be able to advise and implement on the best materials to use for optimal insulation, whether it is foam insulation, fiberglass, or cellulose. Also, they will make sure that your attic, walls, ceilings, and any other spaces are well covered.
- Examine all your electrical appliances and upgrade the ones that are wasting electricity. For example, furnaces can waste up to 35% of energy if they are older models, especially those built before 1992. A condensing furnace can save more than 90% of energy on an annual basis and more than 10% on your energy bills.
- Your hot water system is another area where a lot of energy is consumed. So you can upgrade or get this inspected in order to make it even more energy efficient. One way to do this is to make sure your hot water lines are properly insulated so that water doesn’t get cooled off and the second way is to turn down the temperature setting to warm. Also, instead of a continuous loop that recirculates water, it would be more energy efficient to get on-demand circulating loops for hot water. This can be installed by experienced commercial electrical contractors.
- Replacing your incandescent light bulbs with CFL (compact fluorescent lamps) will not only result in less wattage consumed while generating the same amount of light, but will also last more than 10,000 hours, which means you have more cost effectiveness and energy saving per bulb than even two such incandescent bulbs put together!
- Install low-flow fixtures that save water, and thus, save energy, such as washing machines, shower heads, toilets, etc., that use less water but are as efficient.
- Make sure your refrigerator is on the energy efficient setting, which most modern ones have.
- When you go on holiday, ensure that the majority of appliances (which you don’t need to be switched on) are not only switched off, but unplugged as well.
Following these simple steps will ensure a really energy efficient and pocket-friendly 2017!