So you’ve decided that your home definitely needs a roof restoration but are still on the fence regarding whether to go through with it or not! While a restoration will definitely cost more than just a repair, there are definite benefits to going through with a full restoration, especially if you live in the Mornington or Mount Eliza areas. This is because they can be badly affected by the coastal winds, rain, etc., resulting in more damage to the roof within a very short period of time. The more you postpone your roof restoration, the more damaged it becomes and the more money you have to shell out!
Why is roof restoration so important?
The roof of your home is one of the most important parts of the structure of your home, apart from the foundation, of course! Having damaged roof shingles not only reduces the insulation of your home, resulting in seepage of heat through the damaged roof, thus increasing the amount of air conditioning you use in the summer in Mt. Eliza (which can get very hot) or increasing the amount of heat required to keep yourself warm during the winters in Mornington (which can get very cold!). So you end up paying more for your electricity bills while also having an uncomfortable experience in your home.
Damaged roof shingles also reduce the property value of your home, so if you are looking to put your home on the market, the first order of business would be to get your roof restored, which will instantly enhance the curb appeal and property value and get you the price and customers you need within a very short time. Even if you are not looking to sell your home, damaged roof shingles can be uncomfortable and unsightly, so better to go for a roof restoration as soon as possible.
The benefits of roof restoration
- Restoring your roof can save you thousands of dollars in the long run. If you decide to postpone the restoration and go for a roof repair instead, you might end up spending more on the repair than you would on the restoration.
- A restoration can instantly resolve the mold and mildew problems that your home could be facing. This can lead to unsightly stains on the wall and even allergies in your family members. The fastest and easiest way to get rid of this is to get your roof restored rather than just repaired.
- You can bring down your electricity bills considerably just by getting your roof in order. By getting your entire roof restored, you are improving the insulation of your home. So this means that in the winter months, the heat inside the house does not escape, thus reducing the setting on your home heater or thermostat. In the summer months, the heat can flow out easily thus reducing the dependency on air conditioning, thus reducing your electricity bills even further.
- A roof restoration can also help the environment just by reducing the energy bills.
- Getting your home restored can instantly revamp the appearance of your home, making it look prettier or brighter. Who doesn’t like a beautiful home to come back to at the end of the day?
-A roof restoration increases the safety of your family members by protecting them from the harsh elements, storms, winds, rains, etc., that can be a prominent feature of the Mornington/Mount Eliza landscape.
It is important to get your roof restored by professionals who have considerable experience and expertise in the industry. This will ensure that you get value for money and the best roof that will last longer!