Reliance Jio 4G VoLTE enabled feature phone has been the talk of the town recently. It now plans to make millions of consumers with tight budgets an offer they can't refuse. And it's likely they won't.The telecom company has been planning the launch its 4G feature phone for quite some time now. It is now expected that the rollout will come sometime later this month or by August 2017.One of the biggest hurdles the company faces is the limited number of 4G-capable phones in the country. However, with what Jio has planned next the number might go way beyond the existing user-base.Reliance Jio, which captured a customer base of more than 100 million in a matter of months, and is still going strong at more than 112 million users, is in no mood to slow down. With the competition coming from Airtel, Vodafone, Idea and even state-owned BSNL, the pressure is mounting on Jio to generate the same level of excitement again. As we move into the second-half of the year, expect Reliance Jio to offer a blockbuster device, or a new service that could a game-changer.
Expected features in Reliance Jio’s 4G VoLTE includes-
· Reliance Jio’s LYF 4G feature phone will sport a 2.4-inch colour display, 512MB RAM, 4GB internal memory, dual-SIM, microSD card support, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, and a 2,000mAh battery.
· There will be a 2-megapixel shooter on the rear and a VGA camera on the front for video calls.
· Some suggest that the feature phone will be launched two different processor variants. One of the models will be powered by the Qualcomm chipset, while the other features the Spreadtrum processor.
Impact of Reliance Jio’s 4G Volte includes-
· This new move will be another major disruption after Reliance Jio's mega launch of Jio 4G services back in September last year.
· With such a low priced 4G feature phone, the impact of the Reliance Jio will be felt not only in the telecom industry but also among feature phone manufacturers.
· The low price will facilitate more buyers to shift to 4G network without the need of an expensive smartphone.
After the end of its dhan dhana dhan offer this came as another surprise for our Indian customer base. Pocket –friendly 4G phones with such amazing reliance offer is sure to go a long way. This move by Reliance Jio could be a major game changer in the telecom industry.After luring users with 4G data at throwaway prices, free calling and the preview of JioFiber – a fibre optic-based high-speed broadband service – the company is now planning to offer an affordable 4G-enabled feature phone to convince millions more to become part of the Jio boom.